More beauty treatments, small wedding receptions and live indoor performances will be able to resume in England from Saturday, as lockdown rules are eased.
Bowling alleys, casinos and soft play centres will also be able to reopen, PM Boris Johnson has announced.
The prime minister said that plans to open up more of the economy this weekend “will allow more people to return to work and the public to get back to more of the things they have missed”.
Under changes coming into force from 15 August:
– Indoor theatre, music and performance venues will be able to reopen with socially distanced audiences
– Wedding receptions in the form of a sit-down meal for up to 30 guests will be permitted
– The piloting of a small number of sporting events to test the safe return of spectators will resume, commencing with the final of the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre over the weekend.
– Casinos, bowling alleys, skating rinks and soft play centres will be allowed to reopen
– “Close contact” beauty services such as facials, eyebrow threading, eyelash treatments, make up application and microblading will resume
– Pilots will take place at conference venues ahead of the expected resumption of business events from 1 October at the earliest.
HELP US SPREAD GOOD NEWS!
I run this site in my spare time and thoroughly enjoy giving you all positive news! If you’ve enjoyed the site we’d love for you to help me share the good news far and wide, share us on Reddit, your Facebook or your Twitter and spread a little positivity around.